Pick and Pull Car Parts Near Me for Cash
Did you know?
It’s practically impossible to part out every single part of a car. Between 25 and 50 percent of a vehicle will finally be sent to a recycler to be shredded. That means a car shell will still need to be disposed of once it’s been stripped of all useful parts.
Once you’ve decided your car isn’t worth fixing any longer, you’ll want to get it out of your driveway. You can either try to part it out and get more money back out of it or haul it to the shredder or salvage yard. They’ll put it out in the yard and where someone might ultimately pick it over, looking for cheap auto parts.
What is ‘Pick and Pull’ Car Parts?
If you’ve ever gone to parts stores, you know spare parts aren’t cheap. You’ll quickly learn where to look for parts cars or a wrecking yard where you can find used parts for cheap. Pick and Pull Part, salvage yards, car wreckers, car dismantlers, auto recyclers – they’re all just other names for pick and pull parts stores.
How Pick and Pull Car Parts Work
The model is pretty simple: it’s a self-serve system for finding used parts. You bring your own tools along, find cars with the part that hopefully fits your needs, take it off on your own, and bring it home to install on your own car.
The benefits to pick and pull car parts:
- Prices are cheaper as compared to new part.
- One wrecking yard can contain Cars, SUVs, 4WD, vans & Trucks all in one place.
- You can take related parts that you might need, not just the stripped-down part you’d buy in a store.
- Using recycled car parts is eco-friendly.
The downside of pick and pull car parts:
- Selection varies depending on the Cars, SUVs, 4WD, vans & Trucks that came in recently.
- Sometimes it’s hard to test second-hand car parts.
When Your Car Has Seen Its Last Road Trip…
After a car has spent hundreds of thousands of kilometres on the road, burned through several sets of tires, and been fixed lots of times, there’s a point to call it quits. Your vehicle needs to be disposed.
- You can try to sell it, but there’s a chance it can’t be warranted any longer. The Check Engine light might be on, there could be rust holes through the doors or the floor (or both), and the engine sounds like a bag of marbles rolling around in a washing machine.
- You can try to part it out yourself, but the rusting shell of your car will sit on your driveway for weeks, months, or even longer.
- There’s always the option to park it on your lawn and call it ‘yard art’, but your neighbours may not like it very much.
- If your car is beyond repair and you want to send it to a new home, a pick and pull parts location can seem like the right place to go. But is there a better option?
Cash for Cars: A Better Way to Go
Instead of sending your car to a salvage yard to be picked over, get hold of Car Wrecker NZ. Any type of motor vehicles – cars, 4x4s, SUVs, vans, trucks, even commercial vehicles – can be handled by our service.
Our Cash for Cars is simple process: We’ll buy your car from you in its current condition. All you have to do is click for a free quote online or call us on 0800997000. We guarantee our quotes, so if the numbers look good to you, just accept our offer. We’ll send a truck to pick up your car as it sits and pay money in your hand on the spot. You can use that money towards a new vehicle purchase, home improvements, or a vacation.