What Steps do I need to take to sell a car?
After being in the automobile industry for over decades. Spending hours on end dealing with people. I have come to a conclusion that selling a car to a private party is not an easy task, and actually consists of an array of tedious tasks. This is why I have created a service to make it easy to sell a car for cash in New Zealand. Throughout this article, I will walk you through the process of obtaining money for your car, and leave the decision up to you. Whether or not to use our simple, and also hassle-free service.
The first step is to ask yourself the question “How much am I going to sell my car for?” Typically a fair price for a quick sale of your automobile will be around trade in value.
- After doing this you will need to determine the market demand for your vehicle.
- Next you will want to make the car appealing for sale; this consists of washing and or waxing, cleaning the interior and also checking all of the fluids.
- Then you will have to find out, whom to sell the car to. This can be a very time-consuming process because you will have to wait for the appropriate person to call you. In addition, you will judge whether or not they actually want to buy the vehicle, or they are just shopping around.
- Next you will need to make sure you have all the proper paperwork filled out, doing the paperwork wrong can result in various liability issues.
- Lastly you will have to make sure the smog is up to date on the car because it is the responsibility of the seller to provide the smog for the buyer in a private transaction.
As you can see selling a car privately is definitely a lot of work, which is why Car Wrecker NZ was created, to simplify the process.